“A plan is a list of actions arranged in whatever sequence is thought likely to achieve an objective.” – John Argenti
The marketing planning is a necessary activity, due to complex competitive and hostile business atmosphere. Our capabilities to ensure profitable sales are affected by hundreds of internal and external factors which are not easy to analyze. A marketing manager must build an image and take rational decisions.
Let us find out what a marketing plan is? A plan is the result of marketing activities; it is a document which has a review of company’s place in the market, an analysis of STEP factors and SWOT Analysis. A complete plan would include analyzing why in your option past programs or plans were successful or not. The step we will take to achieve those targets. After which we will need to evaluate the results and make alternate plans of action.
In the end we shall have to specify have the plan will be controlled and how its results will be measured. You have to look at both traditional and E-marketing plan and decide how features of internet affect changes in writing a market plan for it.
But before going ahead we must remember that planning has certain universal steps. The difference you see in one plan to another are of degree due to difference in size of companies and their approach to it. A small and less diversified company will have less formal plan because the managers are more experienced while subordinate are not. So they have to keep direct control. But in large company’s top managers are highly qualified. The planning process is such that it ensures strict adherence to plan for everyone involved.
The standard market plan has 8 stages which are as follow:
- In the first stage the company generally lays out its aims and intentions giving direction for main plan to be made and what it is expected to achieve.
- Here objectives are established. It is necessary to specify exact aims.
- Here information is collected. The focus is on competition available, the costs and market viability. The company’s strengths and drawbacks are taken into account plus opportunities available and problems if any.
- Changing objectives on the basis of Data collected on 3rd stage. The changed objectives must be exact and a timeframe must be set.
- Plan has to be made to cover the difference between what we wish to achieve and what is possible to be done with the means available. After analyzing different options we should choose the best plan which has chances of being implemented most.
- Details of actions and rules for what we desire to accomplish. Suppose more stress has to be laid on advertisements. Then where to places advertisements, what should be their frequency and a system to measure their effectiveness.
- Implementation and control must be with the marketer. It is necessary to have co-operation of all members of the company when the marketing plan is going to offset company.
- The method must be there to ensure performance measurement. We are sure to have achieved what we have measured. So constant monitoring of each previous stage of plan is essential.
The market plan which can check each and every stage of plan at every step is the best plan.
The e-market plan
The e-market plan is also similarly built there is no difference in approach. The differences are there due to there being a different environment on internet. Some of there differences are because on internet we need to give quick response to our customers. Though it is quite O.K. for 3 stage plan to be used for internet, but there is need felt by many to have a simplified version of it. Hence the four stage plan given below:
Strategic analysis: It means regular watch of macro and micro environment. The emphasis should be on changing needs of consumers, keeping eye on competitors and opportunities of new technology available.
Defining strategic objectives: The company must decide clearly if media can replace normal channels. You must have particular aims (make sure they are smart) you must see benefits of online activities to your company’s turnover.
Formulating strategies: We get to them by aiming at following issues.
- Make plan for target markets.
- Positioning and separating strategies
- Set procedures of online services
- Fix attention and do efforts on CRM and economic contracts.
- Have programs for product development
- Promote business models with confirmed programs for new products and services have pricing rates.
- Need of little company’s restructuring
- Change means of communications
- Implementing strategies:
Follows all needed steps for getting set objectives. It could ask re-launching of website, development campaigns for a fresh or renewed site, checking website efficiency and few more. Read related articles, Foundation for your website and Marketing Website.
Note – The normal program to get e-marketing objectives is the communication program.
How to select a workable internet marketing plan
To a fresher internet marketing can appear to be astounding world of confusion. The truth is there are many fraud schemes going on internet. This leaves a beginner thinking about what he should do, should he sell the same fraud scheme he himself brought foolishly to some other naïve like himself. Unscrupulous marketers’ aside, it is truly possible to earn a whole time income from internet marketing. The only thing to remember is to find a workable internet marketing plan and keep with it.
The first thing is to have a good Marketing Coach. There are so many good plans that you can choose with help of your guide. There are honest people also, who have made good money online and they are willing to show you the way. Some are willing to teach you. They all have their own processes. You should choose an internet guide who has two valuable criteria.
An internet marketing plan must suit your working style. It should be set up in a way that you enjoy working on it rather than being in mortal fear of it. If your internet plan is boring and dreadful you are not likely to enjoy working on it. You will neither produce anything nor you will earn anything and you would have wasted your time and money.
The internet marketing plan should be within your budget. There are a few internet marketing plans which can be profitable, but after investing in them you learn that their software requirements to execute plan are beyond your budget. You don’t need to cross your budget limit because on internet marketing it is not essential.
There are many methods you can use for little or no money. After finding an internet marketing program that has both points only thing left for succeeding is you. Will power and perseverance are other two points for establishing a successful online business. The best internet tools are worthless if you don’t use them. You won’t get rich very quickly but you can make a good living and if you continue to work hard the rewards are unlimited.