“Content is the king”, This is probably the oldest proverb used in world wide web. But, Still it is the most important part of creating a optimized site. The contents of your site measures the importance of your site in search engine rankings. Each page should have relevant contents according to site title. A unique and well written copy indexed faster in any search engine and provide greater visibility. This does not mean that one start adding huge contents to the site with lot of keywords stuffed in it, instead a descriptive copy which may have average content but distributed in a structured manner can rank higher than others.
In my opinion search engines read pages more like a human and it follow natural style guide. They give more importance to the pages which are easily readable by humans, instead of contents written for search engines. A stable site should be developed to please the visitors to have better chances of indexing in search engines. If we focused on displaying what visitor wants and how fast he can get the complete glance of the page is more important than creating a keyword rich page meant for search engines. Even if any one find you in its search result will fail to understand what the site is all about and what it sell.
Here is the checklist which may taken into reference before creating contents of the site.
- Try to add minimum of 350 words each page which is an ideal size of an optimized page.
- Write unique quality contents that best describe your products and services. Don’t add any duplicate content.
- Add only relevant content, you must have very much specific about maintaining the site relevancy.
- Maintain a uniform distribution of contents.
- Conceptualize the whole site in home page, it is the gateway of your site.
- Use readable text and colors on all the pages
- Write a headline or a subject which should be clear.
- Write a short and informative description, so that the visitor can be tempted to read more.
- Distribute contents in paragraphs evenly. A visitor should not find any difficulty in reading.
- Use subheads to display the information’s in better way.
- Add not more than two keywords in a page, don’t fill your site with keywords, it will be useless.
- Keep the maximum occurrence of a particular keyword in a page to maximum three times.
- Use clear texts in phrases and headings in all the pages.
- Use relevant words or terms that best interact with your visitors, he will know what is site all about.
- Use keywords and key phrases at appropriate place in pages only.
- Write headings, subheadings, description keeping your targeted audience in mind.
- Write few closing lines, so that user will know the page concludes here.
- Use text links which are relevant and descriptive.
- Use informational words in your text links. Visitor should know what is the destination page all about.
- If you are not a writer hire some one who is professional in writing.
Above are basic things which allows you to create a readable and unique contents for your site. In nut shell, write what your reader need to see. He search the net for particular keyword and key phrase, and if it find the contents not relevant to search term he will not visit again, The same way search engines feel. So writing for visitors can reward you better visibility to a greater audience.
- Understanding Search Engine’s Behavior
- Understanding Content Creation
- Understanding Title, Meta tags, Text links and other elements.
More to come
Copyright © Arun Tibrewal, all rights reserved. This article can not be reprinted, reproduced and modified as per publishers terms.